Friday, October 14, 2016

Pair of black, red and white kitty cards.

This started as a commissioned card for a 60th birthday, but I eventually made a pair of cards using two backgrounds I had created to compliment the image and colour scheme.


The central image is using an Inkylicious  stamp called "Cat - Toby".. which I picked up in a Craft Fair some time ago and had not used before. I really like it! And I was able to edit it to use as a black and white cat and as a black cat for the commissioned card. The butterfly stamp came with the image and I used a grass stencil to give the cat a base to sit on.


The two backgrounds were made by first blowing (distress reinker) inks with a straw! I love the look of it, and discovered if you blow really hard, you can make quite a thin network of veins! On the one version I then used normal distress inks to colour the cardstock, and on the other left it white.

Distress Ink Base layer - Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick
Reinkers - Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Candied Apple.

Stamps in background, using Versafine Onyx Black  - La Chat Noir from Craft Stamper Magazine, "We Love Cats" from the Apple Blossom Craft Collection and Poppy Paint Fusion Set from Sheena Douglass.

Glossy Accent on eyes, bling and ribbon from stash to finish.

I scanned and reused the backgrounds so I could  make matching inners for the cards.


3 comments:

  1. Aaah a little straw blowing going on I see!!! looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful cards Annabel!
    Xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so sweet! I love both of these! Gorgeous cat stamp and beautiful colour combos on the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete