Monday, November 02, 2015

Set of Golden Anniversary Cards

I was asked to do a set of golden anniversary cards all for the same couple and because I've made a lot of cards for this family -  I had to go for something new!

First card was inspired by a lovely card made with dies by Inge Groot. I don't have the dies, but I managed to draw it all ok and cut out the parts. I hadn't saved it initially to use as a wedding card but I thought it made a new modern twist on the "golden" theme.


The second card was using stamps from Hero Arts  - Fantastic Flourishes CL106 and a freebie heart stamp from Craft Stamper Magazine. I also used a scan of a marbled background that Helen and I had made one crafty session, recoloured it and printed it onto cream pearlescent paper. Added some gold stickles afterwards for additional bling.


Final card was using a Butterfly Heart Memory Box die. I used it in the traditional way on plain white paper and then re-cut it from three different goldy papers which I paper-pieced onto the white version. It was a little bit time consuming but not too hard. I might have another go at this with some different kinds of papers, it's a very versatile die.( Thanks Helen ;) )


1 comment: